We are looking to hire an experienced veterinary technician with management experience who shares our passion for dogs. We are currently building a brand new campus covering 33 acres, which includes a medical facility with state-of-the-art equipment. Check out our website for more information on our new campus. www.bdrr.org
This position will be responsible for:
• Admitting and caring for sick and injured dogs; dispensing and applying treatments and medications as indicated by the veterinarian
• Coordinating intake exams and surgeries with veterinarian; scheduling consults with specialists
• Performing laboratory and other diagnostic tests, including PCVs, urinalysis, skin scrapes, fecal floats/smears, heartworm tests, etc
• Assisting the veterinarians during surgeries and monitoring patients under anesthesia; including endotracheal intubation/extubation
• Medical recordkeeping and data entry including medical files, maintaining logs for radiology, case dispositions, controlled substances, and other logs, consistent with all State and Federal regulations
Big Dog Ranch Rescue (BDRR) is a leader in the national animal welfare movement, through compassionate, innovative rescue practices and transformative educational programs. Our goal is to give the gift of life to as many dogs as humanly possible, enrich the lives of those who adopt them, and in doing so, help create a better world. Big Dog Ranch Rescue is associated with the Florida Weimaraner Rescue, Inc. and is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.