Bush Veterinary Neurology Service is looking for a FULL TIME Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team in Richmond, VA!
We are seeking individuals who have in depth experience in the veterinary industry and hold a passion for providing excellent service to our clients and patients. The ideal candidate believes in the core values of integrity, compassion, quality and innovation.
As an LVT, responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assisting Neurologists, acquiring histories, placing IV and urinary catheters, obtaining radiographs, monitoring anesthesia, assisting in surgery, assisting with advanced imaging (MRI and CT), patient care and client education/communication.
- Minimum of two years of previous veterinary experience
- License in Virginia or license eligibility
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed
- Broad knowledge of animal science, medicine and husbandry, including a general knowledge of pharmacology and sufficient mathematical skills to ensure the administration of accurate drug and fluid doses
- Friendly, poised and have a client focused approach, while able to handle sometimes stressful situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working in and having a good understanding of MS Windows and the ability to quickly learn how to use our other internal company software systems
Additional Salary Information: $500 signing bonus included. Also included is a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, LTD/STD, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, CE Allowance, Scrubs yearly, 401(k), pet benefits and more.