Parkway Veterinary Hospital in Dublin CA seeks a Hospital Manager to join our practice.
At Parkway Veterinary Hospital, we truly enjoy caring for your pet. Our staff is very experienced and specially trained to provide exceptional attention to the needs of each individual animal. Our veterinarians and support staff are committed to a rigorous program of continuing education. Our goal is to provide your pet with the best possible medical attention.
Parkway Veterinary Hospital, located in Dublin, California, offers comprehensive diagnostic, medical and surgical care for your pet. We are a complete medical facility featuring the latest in surgical, laboratory and diagnostic equipment. We provide services for dogs, cats, rodents and rabbits.
At Parkway Veterinary Hospital, we strive to give exceptional care to your pet, and treat each animal as if it were our own. We believe that prevention is the best medicine and only through communication and education can this be accomplished.
We encourage questions prior to the adoption of a new pet. We also offer new pet examinations free of charge to assist in the selection of a healthy animal.
Preventative health care programs, including well-pet exams, vaccinations, parasite control, skin care, and nutrition
Internal medicine, including dermatology, gastroenterology, nephrology, neurology, and endocrinology
Soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
Geriatric patient management
Clinical laboratory services
Standard and contrast radiology
Electrocardiology and echocardiology
Ultrasound and endoscopy
Oncology services including surgery and chemotherapy
Emergency and critical care
Referrals to specialists when necessary
About Dublin, CA:
Dublin (formerly, Amador and Dougherty's Station) is a suburban city of the East (San Francisco) Bay and Tri-Valley regions of Alameda County, California, United States. Located along the north side of Interstate 580 at the intersection with Interstate 680, roughly 35 miles east of downtown San Francisco, 23 miles east of downtown Oakland, and 31 miles north of downtown San Jose, it was named after the city of Dublin in Ireland. Dublin is the second fastest-growing city in the state of California, behind only Santa Clarita. The population was 46,063 (2010 census), and the 2013 estimate at 49,890. Dublin is home to the headquarters of Sybase, Inc (now part of SAP SE), CallidusCloud, Ross Stores, Tria Beauty, Medley Health, Challenge Dairy and Arlen Ness.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
· Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
· Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
· Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
· Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
· Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
· Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
· Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
· Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
· Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
· Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
· Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
· Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
· Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
· Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
· Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
· Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
· Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
· Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
· Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
· Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
· Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
· Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
· Supervisory and leadership experience.
· Reporting and data analysis.
· Problem solving and resolution management skills.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
· Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
· Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
· HR policies and protocol development.
· Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
· Conduct performance appraisals.
· Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
· Make decisions confidently and effectively.
· Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of individually branded veterinary hospitals in the United States. NVA owns over 460 companion animal veterinary hospitals and boarding facilities in 41 states, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. We have over 6,000 veterinary professionals that improve the well-being of patients by providing progressive and compassionate care.