Overnight and Day ER & GP Shifts Available at Amazing SF Bay Area Hospital! Collegiate Hospital!
Adobe Animal Hospital
December 29, 2017
Los Altos, California
105000.00 - 165000.00
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - Less than one year
DVM or equivalent
Love emergency? Our beautiful practice in the San Francisco Bay Area has overnight and day positions available! Make an impact helping our 300 new clients a month!
Work with a great team, see exciting cases, and use great equipment! Our beautiful 15,000 sq foot GP, ER, and Special Interest practice has 3 ultrasounds, endoscopy, ventilator (surgical and critical care ventilator), blood bank, full ICU with 24-hour care, 3 surgical suites, and a collaborative doctor team. Incredible support staff, including multiple specialty-certified RVTs and RECOVER-trained techs, to assist with your patients and the overnight ICU patients. Full in-house lab, radiology, and pharmacy depts open late.
Great schedules allowing for ample personal time!
We are continually growing so we have overnight and day positions available. Open to discussing a schedule that works for you! Would you like all all nights shifts? Or maybe a combination of day and night shifts? Maybe you would like mostly day shifts but wouldn't mind helping out here and there with nights. Let us know what you are looking for when you apply!
For the overnight position we would prefer 3-5 years experience or 1 year internship but we are also willing to train a new grad or experienced doctor who needs some extra skills to do overnight shifts. We also have day ER/GP positions as well. Current US DVM license (or equivalent) required or you expect to have one within 3 months or will soon be graduating from DVM school.
Salary Range $120,000.00 - $165,000.00/year based on experience, skill level, teamwork, unique skills, and schedule (only nights vs mostly days and occasional nights). Willing to discuss further if you are more experienced than the average candidate. Full time day positions range from $105,000-$140,000 based on experience and skills. Part time also considered!
Come work with our amazing team who are RECOVER trained and we currently have 40 people doing Fear Free training!
We are looking for 3-5 years of hospital experience or those with 1 year experience in a strong internship. A current DVM (or equivalent) license in the US is required for applying, CA DVM license preferable but will consider applications who can get a CA license within the next 2-3 months.
We also look for the following qualities:
1. A person who is passionate about veterinary medicine
2. Previous experience managing multiple cases simultaneously and efficiently.
3. Practices high level, evidence-based veterinary medicine.
4. Diligently manages cases through to resolution using all available resources and ideas including input from other veterinarians and staff members when appropriate.
5. Continually works to improve and grow as a veterinarian including improving quality and speed of treatment as well as growing as a practice leader, coach, and catalyst for improving the operation and results of the entire hospital.
6. Effectively deals with a fast-paced environment and remains calm and positive in the face of pressure.
7. An effective coach who can help others improve their skills and abilities.
8. A problem solver who can work with others to find solutions to unexpected challenges.
9. Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude and serves as a role model who is fully engaged and committed to providing phenomenal client service and high quality animal care.
10. Makes effective, well-informed decisions that are in the best interest of the pets, the hospital, and the staff.
Additional Salary Information: Salary Range $120,000.00 - $165,000.00/year based on experience, skill level, teamwork, unique skills, and schedule (only nights vs mostly days and occasional nights). Willing to discuss further if you are more experienced than the average candidate. Full time day positions range from $105,000-$140,000 based on experience and skills. Part time also considered!
Our staff consists of over 25 doctors and over 100 support staff. With dedicated ICU, surgery and client-relations technicians you will have all the support you need to offer outstanding medical care! The doctors and staff prides themselves on the collaborative atmosphere and work as a complete medical team. The 24-hour hospital is a state-of-the-art facility, including an in-house laboratory, u...ltrasound, endoscopy, and digital dental radiography. Our patients are mainly small animals and exotics, with the occasional large animal. We are an open hospital, which means are clients are allowed in all areas of the hospital and can watch while procedures or treatments are performed. We see both regularly scheduled appointments and urgent cares/emergencies!