Animal Medical Care Center of Yorktown is seeking a Full-time or Part-time Associate DVM to join our practice!
Animal Medical Care Center is located in Yorktown, VA, in the diverse and historical Hampton Roads area. Animal Medical Care Center provides primary care and advanced dental services for a population of approximately 350,000.
More information at www.amccyorktown.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Spacious facility with three exam rooms, separate comfort room, treatment area, dental suite, surgery suite, five kennel wards with a separate post operative ward, and outdoor kennel runs.
- We offer convenient wellness plans for patients, which aid in increasing compliance and patient visits.
- In-house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries (Vet Test chemistry system), urinalysis and sediments, DTM Cultures, PCV, TP, FeLV/FIV test, HW Antigen testing, Parvo tests, fecal testing, and various other tests run by assistants. Also maintains a close relationship with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- Compliant, well established clientele.
- Isoflourane anesthesia, Cardell Surgical Monitoring system, IV fluid pumps.
- Brand new digital dental x-ray with Soprix Software, superb dental films in seconds.
- Close relationship with local Animal Emergency Center for afterhours patient care.
- Several specialty referral centers in close proximity (Orthopedic, Internal Medicine, Physical Therapy, Ophthalmologist, Cardiology, etc.).
- Utilization of Avimark veterinary software streamlines the management of client data base.
- Complete pharmacy.
- Excellent team environment with an emphasis on a positive culture, excellent patient and client care, continual learning and growth.
- AAHA accredited for 25 years.
About Yorktown, Virginia
Yorktown is rich in history, with Revolutionary and Civil War Battlefields, museums and tours, historical homes, and many educational and fun activities for the entire family. Located on the York River, within a 45 minute drive of the ocean and 2 hours from the mountains, the area offers a range of outdoor activities from boating and fishing, to hiking, hunting, and camping. Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are popular theme parks that are minutes away in the neighboring city of Williamsburg. The area offers many cultural events, festivals, concerts, and community happenings as well as being well represented with churches, shopping areas, restaurants, social organizations, etc. In addition, our area has an active veterinary association and CE opportunities. These are some of the reasons why we feel that Yorktown is one of the most attractive places in which to live and practice.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.