North Country Veterinary Clinic in Grand Rapids, MN seeks a Mixed Animal Associate Veterinarian to join our team (Generous Sign-on/Retention bonus and Relocation for qualified candidates)!
North Country Veterinary Clinic is predominately a small animal practice located in Northern Minnesota. We see all species, including some exotics. We are known for being a high quality modern small animal practice. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of patient care. We value continual growth of knowledge. We see bovine, equine, small ruminants, barn yard pets in addition to dogs and cats. North Country is a unique and exciting practice to work at. We utilize technology in all aspects of our practice. You never know what you will see from day to day. At one moment you may be looking at a ewe and the next performing a C-section on a dog. You will never be bored. We continually invest in our people and equipment. Our doctors have opportunities to develop their talents. They have attended hands on dental training with the best veterinary dentist in the country. We also have a balance of work and play with ample time off. In addition our benefits include health insurance, DEA license, allowance towards CE, membership dues, MN license; paid vacation, 401K, vehicle and equipment for shared use on large animal work, VIN membership and liability insurance. All experience levels welcome.
More Information at http://www.ncvcvet.com/
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modern medical facility with large exam rooms
- Digital X-ray and digital dental X-ray
- Newly remodeled treatment room and dental area
- Ultrasound - full cardiac capacity, soft-tissue and abdominal capability
- Electronic medical records
- Surgical laser
- Electro cautery
- Med RX machine
- Full Idexx in-house lab
- Isoflorane anesthesia
- Digital surgical and dental monitors
- VIN membership
Grand Rapids, Minnesota is a beautiful community located in the Northwood’s of Minnesota. Here you will experience all the seasons. There are all the modern necessities present – excellent schools, modern new medical center, major business outlets. This is an ideal local for the outdoor enthusiast. We are three hours north of the Twin Cities and ninety minutes northwest of Duluth.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Proficient in routine small animal medicine and surgery
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.