Centralia Animal Hospital located in Chester, VA is hiring for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!!
Centralia Animal Hospital is located in central Virginia just south of historical Richmond. We are a full service small animal hospital with an emphasis on preventative and wellness care. Each day we strive to deliver outstanding patient care by providing the highest standard of veterinary medicine, employing dedicated staff, and offering exceptional client service!
More information at www.centraliaanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Free standing building built in 2005, with a large open treatment room, surgery suite, four exam room’s dog ward, and a separate cat ward.
- Latest version of AVIMark with excellent hardware and software support.
- Full in house laboratory capabilities using idexx-vet test, easy lyte, and lasercyte (including differentials). We run full urinalysis including sediment, various ELISA tests, and all fecals are done in house. We have daily pick up from our external lab and next day test results on all common tests.
- Digital radiology.
- Full in house pharmacy. We also work closely with a local accredited compounding pharmacy.
- IM3 Dental machine with dental radiographs performed on every dentistry
- Isoflurane anesthesia with a surgivet full monitoring system.
ABOUT CHESTER, VA
Chesterfield County is the fourth largest municipality in the state of Virginia. Central Virginia is rich with history. Just 6.6 miles from our hospital, Sir Thomas Dale established Henricus Park in September of 1611, the colonies second settlement. Countless Civil War battles were fought in Chester, and all over the region. We are located one hour away from Monticello in Charlottesville, the historic home designed and built by Thomas Jefferson.
The region also offers some great outdoor actives. The James River has something for everyone from swimming and fishing to kayaking and boating. The Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K, Dominion River Rock, and the Henricus Dauber Dash are just a few examples of annual local events. We are just two hours away from the beautiful Virginia shoreline, and Washington DC.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Managing DVM and with the support of the Regional Director—carries out our promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- 1+ years of experience practicing as a DVM within a veterinary hospital
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 16 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.