The San Francisco SPCA Veterinary Hospital is seeking a California-licensed veterinarian to join our staff. The ideal candidate will help design and implement best practice, high-quality veterinary medical care for SF SPCA animals in the shelter and surgical care for shelter and public animals who are clients of the Spay/Neuter Clinic. This position will primarily work in the Shelter Medicine department but will also include regular shifts in the Spay/Neuter department.
Located in the Leanne B. Roberts Animal Care Center, the San Francisco SPCA Shelter Medicine Program and Spay/ Neuter Clinic last year performed over 5,000 initial health checks, 9,000 spay and neuter surgeries, and rehabilitation treatments for the thousands homeless cats and dogs in our care. Both programs apply advanced, progressive techniques, and best practices to keep our shelter population healthy and ready for adoption as well as provide a record number of spay/neuter services for the community at fees significantly lower than the average cost. Our programs are ever evolving and we are in need of a talented and driven doctor to help lead and support our amazing organization.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A passion for providing the highest level of care to animals
- Demonstrated aptitude in clinical medicine and surgery and upholds the veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrated aptitude in Shelter Medicine including analytic skills
- Demonstrated aptitude in a high-volume spay/neuter clinic
- Demonstrated success in managing a diverse team of professionals, skilled in managing varied relationships and successful at facilitating collaboration and cooperation
- A willingness to support a learning environment, where doctors and medical support staff have regular opportunities to learn and develop their skills
- An affinity for our mission and an interest in providing care to our underserved communities
- A license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California
Located in the Mission District, the San Francisco SPCA offers a competitive salary that is dependent on the length and breadth of experience as well as a generous benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, tax-deferred retirement plan with matching, pre-tax commute expense deductions, discounted veterinary care, employee discount on retail, pet supplies, and training classes.
To view the complete job description and learn more about us, or to apply online, visit our website https://www.sfspca.org/who-we-are/careers/career-opportunities
At the San Francisco SPCA we strive to be welcoming to everyone. We welcome you regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, political persuasion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, and national origin, to name but a few. We believe the human/animal bond is universal and knows no boundaries. Diversity brings innovative ideas, perspectives and opinions and we want these to help us continually strive to be better at what we do.
The San Francisco SPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a priority.