MANAGER OF REGIONAL OPERATIONS
National Veterinary Associates is seeking to hire a Manager of Regional Operations (MRO) to support our Central Division (Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio). This position will be responsible for all locations in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio. The Manager of Regional Operations is responsible for supporting the operations, NVA initiatives, and business functions of NVA veterinary practices within the region of responsibility. This role acts as a liaison between the NVA Support Center and the veterinary practice and performs duties at the direction of the Division Leader. The successful candidate will maintain the exceptional relationships that have been built with hospital leadership and their teams over the years, and extend that capability into new practices as they are acquired. The Manager of Regional Operations will be responsible for spending time in the field with hospital leadership and staff, which is critical for success. This individual will work directly with veterinary practices to improve processes and profitability, and identify and implement local growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will live in the Midwest and be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acquires and maintains knowledge of organizational and local practice policies and procedures.
· Utilizes practice management software (AVImark) and NVA support systems. Ensures proper staff scheduling and optimization.
· Analyzes and interprets operational reports and identifies areas for improvement.
· Champions and implements NVA initiatives throughout the region.
Strategic Planning and Leadership
· Collaborates with hospital leadership to develop business strategy and aids in its implementation.
· Creates action plans, sets and manages goals, delegate tasks, and tracks metrics.
· Analyzes and improves systems, policies, and processes.
· Negotiates and mediates conflicts; coaches and provides feedback to hospital leadership.
Hospital Leader Development
· Onboard new Hospital Managers and ensures a successful introduction into the company.
· Mentors, coaches, and sets expectations with hospital leadership and staff.
· Ensures Hospital Managers are trained in financial and operational systems and methods.
· Analyzes the financial health of hospitals and diagnoses issues.
· Assists with the preparation and communication of the annual budget.
· Oversees the management of costs, particularly labor.
· Manages revenue growth.
· Assists Hospital Managers with interviewing, hiring, and resolving personnel issues.
· Conducts Hospital Manager performance reviews and oversees career development.
· Ensures hospitals comply with all federal and state human resource policies (I-9, DEA, OSHA).
· Makes recommendations for staff training and development.
· Develops, champions, and drives client retention initiatives.
· Directs and oversees tactics for increasing new client visits.
· Assesses the quality of client service and provides direction for enhancements.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is required.
· 3-5 years of experience in management with healthcare management or veterinary practice experience preferred.
· Knowledge of practice management processes, efficiencies, standards, metrics, and benchmarks.
· Knowledge of veterinary practice management software, such as AVImark, is preferred.
· Work remotely and have the ability to travel up to approximately 75% of the time.
· Previous multi-site management experience.
· Possesses a self-directed attitude and an ability to work independently.
· Understands financial management, planning, prioritizing, and supervising others.
· Takes initiative to support hospitals as a practice management consultant, providing prompt attention to staff and direction for improvement.
· Demonstrates sound judgment, good problem-solving skills, and effective decision-making abilities
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with medical, administrative, and support staff.
· Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Utilizes time management skills to manage priorities of multiple hospitals within the region.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.