The St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Small Animal Clinic (SAC).
- Preference for working emergency and after hours shifts including but not limited to overnights and weekends and will enjoy working with veterinary students in a clinical educational setting
- Participate in clinical and academic teaching services offered by the SAC including oversight and supervision of students while on companion animal medicine rotations, management of in house cases, outpatient procedures, medicine consultations, routine and emergency surgeries, and daily cage side rounds
- Expected to participate in teaching clinical courses offered by the Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Department including but not limited to physical exam laboratories and rotations in medicine, surgery, emergency medicine, and shelter medicine
- Instruction of students in all aspects of general practice and emergency and critical care, clinical teaching of third year veterinary students, and primary case management and oversight of patients admitted to the SAC on a daily basis
- Expected to perform any other duties as assigned by the SAC director
To learn more about the position and to submit an online application, click http://www.sgu.edu and select ‘Faculty opportunities’